This is SpARTa! :Q&A with Lauren Cramer

Lauren Cramer, a senior at Pleasant Valley, has been drawing, painting and making collages in her free time for years. She has gone through almost every art class at Pleasant Valley, and excelled in all of them. “I always catch myself drawing up ideas for pieces while I’m in class,” says Cramer.

When did you find your passion for art?

Since elementary school, art has been my favorite class and I always look forward to going.

What kind of art do you enjoy the most?

Drawing and painting! I’ve done a lot of ceramics and sculpting, and I enjoy both, but not as much as drawing and painting.

How often do you create new pieces?

In AP art we have large assignments about every three weeks which I do along with smaller pieces in between.

Who has been your largest art influence?

Everyone in my AP Art class, along with all the graduates ahead of me that went to art schools to pursue careers in art.

Do your drawing and paintings all follow a certain theme?

No, some people say they can decipher my work from others from my style, but I never purposely try and stick to one overall theme. Every piece I create is an individual with it’s own theme and meaning.

What’s your favorite piece of art you’ve ever created?

That’s really hard because with every drawing and painting I complete, I learn and improve myself as an artist. So when I think I love one, I make another and end up liking that one more.

Do you think you’ll pursue art in the future?

I love art, but I love working with animals more. I will never give up art and I am considering it as a minor in college.

Do you recommend PV art classes? If so, which were your favorite?

I love all of them individually and recommend them to everyone because you never know, you could fall in love with painting, drawing, ceramics, photography, etc.