PV develops future business leaders

Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) is making its return this spring to Pleasant Valley High School. FBLA is a club for students who are interested in any business-related career. Danielle Davenport, teacher, and Deanna Weinschenk, teacher, are the staff advisors for FBLA here at Pleasant Valley. Davenport described, “The goal of the club is for members to develop leadership characteristics and confidence to help them be successful in future careers.” FBLA is starting late in the year forcing people that are interested in joining the club to wait until next fall to join. “Since we started the club late this year, the plan for the spring of 2017 is to set up a few community business tours to allow members to see how businesses operate and different types of careers in business” said Davenport.

FBLA is already planning for the future. “Next year our plan is to continue touring a variety of businesses in the community along with attending the FBLA State Leadership Conference in the spring that allows students to compete in different types of events such as Computer Applications, Accounting, Introduction to Business, Personal Finance, etc. Any student who wants to develop leadership characteristics can get involved in the club” said Davenport.

Tyler Carlson, senior, is a member of FBLA at PV. “I am excited to help bring back FBLA for those who hope to pursue a business career. I am looking forward to the lots of fundraising we will be doing and the many field trips we will take to see how businesses operate daily” said Carlson. FBLA is giving those, who are interested, an opportunity to explore the world of business. “FBLA is a club that brings business and education together” said Davenport. All interested students are encouraged to join FBLA next fall.