Upcoming track stars

Monday Feb. 13, the track season is officially underway. Both Pleasant Valley boys’ and girls’ teams are extremely talented with skills and leadership. They will both look to end this year with a strong finish at State track meet. They look to lean on a few key athletes this upcoming year.

Female Athletes:

Addie Swanson: Senior, is committed to running at the University of Iowa. She is a three time Drake Relays and state 4×400 champion, state record holder in the sprint medley relay with a first place finish, a two time 400 meter state runner up, a third  place finish 400 meter, third place finish sprint medley relay at Drake Relays, and a 400 meter Conference Champion. This stud is looking to lead her team to another State Championship.

Kelsey Ruff: Junior, is a rising talent for the Girls’ track team. She is going to be taking on a much bigger role this year but she said, “She’s excited to be able to compete with a whole new set of girls and hopefully win the state title again.” This experienced junior has a high ceiling and a lot of potential.

Rachel Tebbe: Senior, is known as the team’s motivator. She is always pushing the girls to do better and encouraging them to be their best. She feels as if her work this offseason will allow her to be better than she ever has been. “I feel like I am the most ready I have been for track this season than any other season. Working throughout the winter with my teammates has helped me push myself and continue to get better,” Said Tebbe.

Male Athletes:

Mark Conway: Senior, is quite the load, he is a 6’1 190 lb distance runner. The All- MAC and All-District runner is looking to have a breakout year, as he has been a vocal leader over the past few years. During the offseason, he has worked on his foot speed and converted himself from a 2-miler to an 800 meter runner.

Cj Carter: Senior, is an All-State long jumper and has acquired 13 state and Drake Relay medals. He has been a huge impact on the track team ever since he first step foot on to the track. He is looking forward to competing this year. “I’m looking forward to my senior track season. I believe we have the strongest sprint crew in the state of Iowa and our distance crew had a strong performance this year. We have the capability of winning a state title and I’m excited about that!” said Carter.

Keshaun Baker: Junior, had a strong sophomore season and is looking to build on that. Baker said, “I am looking forward to build upon the foundations we built last year, with younger runners, the program was in a bit of a transition or ‘rebuilding’ period. This year I believe our squad is poised to make a leap forward. Everyone is a year older, a year more experienced, a year more familiar with each other, a year hungrier. That goes for me as well.  Personally, I’m just excited to see the progression of my teammates on our team.”  Baker is currently the 400 meter record holder for Pleasant Valley High School.

$480
$1000