Gaga’s Halftime Drama

The recent half time performance by Lady Gaga, has left very controversial opinions. There was much talk about her performance way before the big day. It was predicted that her performance would include powerful political statements and even comments about our new president which created a mixture of emotions for the upcoming viewers.

Despite the opinions, it was still a mystery as to what Lady Gaga was going to pull off and reveal during the show. Junior, Amaria Kirby, said, “I heard that her performance was going to be very interesting but I was going to wait until after I saw her performance to see for myself.”

Although there was much controversy and worry up until her performance, it was a splendid hit that many people tuned in to see. In fact, according to Billboard.com, her halftime show brought audiences from 111.3 million viewers, up to 117.5 million and was recorded as the second most watched halftime show, behind Katy Perry’s.

Despite her show being very entertaining, filled with top hits, it surprised many with her hidden political messages and outfit choices. Lady Gaga went sneaky when it came to what she wanted her performance to convey. She opened her show singing “God Bless America” and then emphasized a particular part of the Pledge of Allegiance that talked about the country being united as a whole, later followed by one of her main choruses that pertained to LGBTQ  rights.

Many people were astonished that she conveyed such a powerful message to the entire country. It had been expected that she was going to disclose her opinion about our country’s politics and current issues going around, but many people were very pleased with her overall message she portrayed and the way she went about it.

Although Gaga attempted to unite the country, her final outfit choice appeared much too skimpy to some. She received many negative comments about her body, saying she was fat and should not have worn the outfit. Senior, Brynn Hancock said, “I’ve heard people say she was fat in it but I mean if we were in the public eye, we would be called names too. Her outfit was kind of crazy but that’s her personality.”

Lady Gaga’s performance sparked much attention and will be remembered as one of the most terrific Super Bowl- halftime shows of all time. Freshman, Adrian Swanson, said “I always look forward to the halftime show during the superbowl and Lady

performance couldn’t have validated my excitement for watching them more than she did.”