A Quad City vacation

Spring break is a time greatly appreciated by all students due to the valuable break from school and the opportunity to travel to exciting locations it provides. However, several students do not leave home during break and while it may seem dreadful to be stuck in Iowa, there are plenty of local attractions that can help cure boredom.

Mallory Obenauf, senior, said, “My family isn’t going anywhere for spring break this year, so I really need to find some fun things to do to prevent being stuck at home the whole week.”

In no particular order, here are some of the best ways to spend the week off of school if a vacation is not on the schedule.

1. Quad City Mallards- The Mallards is the local hockey team of the Quad Cities, and they have multiple games during spring break. The team has a home game against the Kalamazoo Wings on March 15 and again on March 17 and 18 against the Missouri Mavericks. They play at the iWireless Center, and ticket prices start at just $10.00.
  2. Putnam Museum- Putnam.org said, “The Putnam is a place where people connect with history and ideas by doing, making and experiencing.” It is home to many exhibits, and will house a traveling exhibit on the Beatles over spring break. Admission to the museum is $8.00 for an adult.
  3. Figge Art Museum- Art museum’s are often overlooked, but they can easily make for a fun afternoon. The Figge Art Museum in Davenport currently has several exhibits, and offers tours of most exhibits on Saturdays. Admission is $7.00 for an adult, or $6.00 for a student with a school ID.
  4. Helium Trampoline Park- According to heliumparkqc.com, “Helium Trampoline Park is a state-of-the-art jumping facility that will energize and excite the kid at heart in everyone.” With attractions including trampolines, dodgeball, a joust beam, and a jump tower, Helium is sure to please everyone. Prices vary per day, starting at $12 per jumper for a 30 minute period.
  5. Eldridge Skatepark- Many Pleasant Valley elementary school students enjoy monthly school outings to the skatepark in Eldridge, Iowa. However, it is an activity that can be fun for people of all ages. They will have public skate hours on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of spring break, with sessions costing $4.00 each and skate rentals costing $1.00.