Girls’ golf swings into action

Spring is almost upon us and with warmer weather comes the PV girls’ golf season.

Last year, the girls’ golf team had a great season that included continuing their MAC champions title streak, now 7 years strong. With hard work and perseverance, the team fought their way through difficult courses, challenging competition, and terrible weather.

This year, the girls’ team is fired up and ready to compete to defend their MAC champions title. The team is down two players from last season from the loss of seniors Brooke Schuler and Lana Lindstrom, but that is not going to hinder the team’s ability to win. Remaining top four players, Allison Miller and Danielle Henricksen, both seniors, have worked hard during the off-season to make sure they are at the top of their game for when the season begins. Miller, Senior, says, “I am looking forward to continuing the PV girls’ golf past success as both an individual and as a team.” In addition to Miller and Henricksen, the returning varsity players are Ali Staver, senior, Madeline Patramanis, junior, and Alyssa Paulson, sophomore. “The girls are super fun and talented and we love to be around each other playing the game we all love,” says Miller.

The golf season officially starts after spring break with the addition of a new coach. Last year, Ron Venhorst coached the team and decided to step down as head coach for this season. Nicki Palmer will be the new girls’ golf coach and Venhorst will volunteer his time by being assistant coach.

What to expect from the season is low scores, team and individual wins, and overall great golf. After not qualifying for state last year, the girls are eager to compete in the regional meet and fight for a spot in the state tournament. Patramanis, junior, says, “This season I am looking forward to spending time with my team, improving my technique, and practicing together. I hope our team will win the MAC again and I hope we make it to state!”

The girls’ golf team is looking for more players who love the game, for more information on how to join the team, contact @dlhenricksen.com