The buzz about Atomic

Anyone who has driven down North Brady street in the past few months has been sure to notice the standstill drive-thru line that streams from Atomic Coffee Bar and trickles out into the street.

The busy lines that come from the Atomic coffee store have created buzz all on its own. “This past weekend I was out and about running errands and I saw the busy line coming from atomic and thought that I might as well see what all the hype is about,” said Rory Donahue, junior. It was the very first time she had been to Atomic, so she stuck with what she knew best and got a latte espresso. Donahue said she was impressed with the drink, and the next time she goes she will be sure to try something more outside of her comfort zone, like one of the Atomic Energy drinks.

The Atomic energy drinks have been the main attraction to high schoolers, who have been the driving force of Atomic coffee’s recent publicity and fame. The Atomic energy drink is composed of Rockstar energy drink and flavored syrup, according to Olivia Enright, ex-coworker at Atomic Coffee bar.

Even though many student are aware of the dangers that come with drinking too much energy drinks, they still view it as a great way of getting that quick boost of energy that they are looking for. “I know that drinking too much caffeine may lead to bad blood pressure, increased heart rate and other things, but that’s why you have to drink it in moderation,” said CJ Roethler, senior. Even with health concerns, business still booms for the Atomic Coffee Bar.
Because of traffic concerns and recent success, Atomic will be broadening their horizons and expanding their business out to different locations throughout the quad cities. They are opening up a new shop inside the ORA Orthopedics building, which is located on 6101 Northwest Blvd., Davenport, Iowa.