Club of the week: FBLA

FBLA, or Future Business Leaders of America, is a club that’s purpose is to teach its members how to become great business leaders after high school. This year, the club is led by president Gibson Yost and vice president Antonyo Bagley.

The club in the past has been successful, but this year, it’s even more popular. It might be due to the fact that people are more interested in business, or it might be that they got to go to a conference this year. Last week, FBLA got the chance to go to their first ever conference in Des Moines.

This event helped to improve their members’ knowledge about how to succeed in business later in life. Yost summarized the event and said, “We had the opportunity to listen to powerful speakers and attend various workshops.”

On their first day, they got to attend the workshops which would help them to find success in life and in the workplace. At those workshops, they got the opportunity to listen to speakers talk about their success in business and how they got there.

This is very rare information for a high school student to have because not many classes touch on this subject. Finding information about succeeding in life after college is hard because it’s never talked about; it’s not all just business. At the end of the first day, the club got the chance to see a hypnotist and attend a dance.  

On their second day, the students were able to go to more workshops but this time, they were more focused on success in business and on finding jobs in the corporate world.

The speakers within these workshops told their audience how they obtained their jobs in the corporate world and gave them professional advice on how to be successful. Again, this is very important information to have, especially for the seniors that are in that club because they are going to college soon.

FBLA is an overall amazing club to be involved in if one is interested in pursuing business later in life. Everyone is very involved and they are very focused on learning more about how to better themselves in the business world.

Yost, their president, said, “Leading the group has been really rewarding and everyone in the club is super dedicated.” Especially from being involved with the conference this year, the club can help many students prepare for their business careers later in life.