Best Ways to Scare Children

Ethan Stigler
Chainsaws are a great option, just make sure to remove the blade!

Halloween is one of the few times every year where it is accepted to scare children. What are some of the best ways to do this?

1. A classic jumpscare

This one is truly a classic: hiding behind or in something and when the person approaches you jump out and make a very loud noise. This surprise will no doubt scare your intended victim!

1. Fake chainsaw

Do you happen to have a leaf blower not in current use? Take off the blower snout and replace it with a piece of cardboard wrapped in duct tape. Most children under the age of 12 will fall for this one. For an even more realistic look, get an actual chainsaw and remove the chain. This will leave you with a safer chainsaw alternative.

1. Show them a decent horror film

Show them a decent horror film, not a good one. Children can easily become scarred when shown a good horror film and that is not really what we want. We want to scare them in good fun.

1. When in doubt just get something spooky

Getting something spooky is a great way to scare children because it can last multiple years. If you find a great spooky decoration, you can also scare new children next year! It has to be spooky enough to scare children so it may be a good idea to buy something from a haunted house after they close. This is a good idea for long term scarring of children.

1. Blood

Blood is a good way to scare children, it is very important to use fake blood. Blood can be placed on normal household items, thus making them spooky. Children will fall for this almost every time.

1. A mask

Masks are a good way of scarring children, because they sometimes are not smart enough to realize that it is only a mask. Choose something that is kind of rotting  as children find this very creepy and spooky.

There are many good ways to scare children, some things will work better than others, and it is important to scare using the method that is best for you.