Ways to get Festive Despite COVID

Ethan Stigler
Even if your ginger bread houses turn out poorly, it is still fun to do!

Now that it’s officially December, we can now start to celebrate Christmas! But it is 2020, so of course we have COVID so celebrating Christmas is much different from any previous years. Here are some great ways to celebrate safely this year!

– Make Gingerbread Houses 

Making gingerbread houses is a great thing to do with your family while staying at home. It is fun to see who is able to build the best looking house which is made out of stale cookies, gobs of frosting and candy!

– Decorate

Despite the COVID-19 pandemic it is still possible to get decorations, whether it’s from Amazon or ordering from a local store online, you and your housemates now have plenty of inside time to decide what the best places are for certain decorations. Make sure you have a tree!

– Find your favorite sweater

Ugly Christmas sweaters are extremely common, yet finding the best one is never an easy task, with all the extra time the pandemic has given everyone, you can now spend the hours you desperately need to find the absolute best ugly sweater for your next family meeting.

– Drive around and find the coolest house

When there is nothing to do, hop in a vehicle and see who can find the house with the best light show set up within a five mile radius. This is sure to be fun and pass time as many neighborhoods have very low speed limits.

– Make Christmas cards

Christmas cards are a staple of the holiday season and it would not be a Christmas card if there was not at least one bad picture of you on it. Well this year that can change, with all the extra quarantine time you can make it yourself. This method guarantees that you will look your best on the card!