Top 4 Contenders for NFL’s OPOY

The NFL is a huge money making machine, raking in billions of dollars each season. With such a revenue, the players need to be incredibly talented, and in this year’s regular season, they definitely have been. On offense, there are hundreds of players who seek the coveted offensive player of the year award given to them after the season ends. Based on statistics and how much they helped out the team, NFL watchers can accurately guess who the next OPOY will be. 

1. Christian McCaffery

Christian McCaffery has been a powerhouse for the 49ers offense. Leading the league this year in yards rushed (1459) and tied for most touchdowns (21) for a running back, he is the main reason the 49ers had a 12-5 record going into the postseason. Additionally, the last time he was nominated for this award was in 2019 for almost 100 less yards than this year. All of these statistics make him a likely contender for the OPOY award. 

2. Tyreek Hill

Tyreek Hill has carried the Miami Dolphins in ways never seen before by the NFL. He leads the league in receiving yards (1799) and is tied for second in touchdowns (13). Because of his incredibly fast running skills, it is difficult for defenders to catch up with him. This year he commonly had games where he ran over 50 yards to the touchdown. Although he was a nominee last year, he has outperformed himself this year and should be expected as a strong contender for the award. 

3. Lamar Jackson

After signing a $260 million contract, Lamar Jackson carried the Ravens to a 13-4 record and now deep into the playoffs. He became the first player in NFL history this season to record two passing touchdowns, two rushing touchdowns, rush for at least 100 yards, and register at least a 100.0 passer rating. Time will tell if he will be able to win his first superbowl during this playoff. 

4. Ja’marr Chase

Ja’Marr Chase has made up a large part of the Cincinnati Bengals offense. Despite being injured for multiple parts of the season, he still put up an impressive 1216 yards this season. Even with a change in quarterback, he was able to adapt and constantly score touchdowns and run over 90 yards each game. His persistence in offense despite all the roadblocks along the way make him very likely and deserving to win this award.

$480
$1000