Chapter 41: Logan Collier

Lights shining in his eyes, the crowd roaring, and sweat pouring down his face. Junior Logan Collier experiences this thrill every Friday night playing on the Varsity Football Team. Logan started playing football in 3rd grade as a defensive end and has continued playing his dream sport ever since. Collier said, “I enjoy football because it builds bonds and gives me the feeling of exhilaration like nothing else.”  Having worked on his football skills since he was little, he has prepared for high school football after continuous practices, scrimmages, and games throughout each year. He plans on seeing how his senior year goes but will most likely just play football in high school and not in college, so he canfocus more on academics and his future job.

Collier has lived  in the small town of LeClaire, Iowa his whole life and has two brothers, a dog, and two cats. Collier explains that he likes spending time with his dad more because he is more understanding and they can relate a lot more. He really enjoys spending time with his family, especially his brothers because they can bond over sports and school. Although busy with school, football, and his social life, Collier always makes sure he has time for family.

Collier’s favorite subject in school is science, which he most likely plans on studying in college at the University of Iowa. He said his favorite teacher is Mrs. Medency, because she’s very helpful, explains things in detail, and is very nice to all of her students.

When Collier was younger, he had the rare opportunity of meeting former president, Barack Obama, because his mom worked in a gift shop. Obama was traveling to different states visiting small businesses to connect with the owners and employees on a personal level. Collier states, “He told me to always do what you desire, it was so inspiring coming from someone with such a prominent role in our country.”  Collier said it was a life-changing experience that he will always remember.

Collier is a very hardworking student-athlete who takes everything he’s passionate about very seriously and works hard for what he wants to achieve. Balancing school, sports, and family is not always easy, but Collier makes sure he gives 100% in everything he does.

Spartan Shield • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$580
$1000