Grace Theilen

Grace Theilen poses for her senior photos.

Chapter 67: Grace Theilen

Grace Theilen was born and raised in Altoona, Iowa, which is near Des Moines. There, she attended Centennial Elementary School. Over winter break of her seventh-grade year, Theilen moved to the Quad Cities and transferred to the Pleasant Valley School District.

She still enjoys visiting her old friends and going to the Iowa State Fair in Des Moines every summer.

Theilen lives with her parents and her younger sister, Olivia, who is a freshman this year. In Altoona, she lived with her older sister, Jena, who has since passed away. Jena was affected by Rett syndrome, which inhibits a person’s development, coordination, and speech. Theilen said, “Growing up with a sister that was handicapped really shaped me into who I am today because she has taught me things that I never would’ve experienced without her in my life.”

While Theilen still misses her sister, she is thankful for the time she shared with her. She added, “There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t miss her, but I know that she is now in a better place.”

Now, Theilen enjoys getting involved at church and spending her time with her friends and her bobcat, Bob, who joined her family when Theilen was three years old.

Theilen has been an active student at PV and has participated in a variety of sports. From seventh grade to freshman year, she was a part of the softball and girls’ track team. Throughout high school, Theilen has also been involved in basketball and frisbee. Last year, she joined the trap team.

Now a senior at PV, Theilen looks forward to graduating and studying criminology in college. She is still deciding on which college she will attend, but she plans on going on a pre-law track.

Spartan Shield • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$580
$1000