The pill that could save your life

Students have been taught about sex from a young age, beginning for many in their elementary school human growth and development classes.

As students continued through school, these classes only got worse. In junior high the giggles started, as did the awkward conversations with parents.

Now, reality has kicked in. Teenagers in high school are having sex. Students have been taught that abstinence is key, and those that do not follow need to take precautions. According to planbonestep.com, “The most popular brand is called Plan B.” This is a pill used when one is having unprotected sex.

The other brand of pills is called Take Action. Neither Plan B nor Take Action are cheap; Plan B is $47 and Take Action is $35.

This pill should be used within 72 hours of having unprotected sex. The pill is 95% effective, but the sooner it is taken, the better it will work. These pills are sold at most pharmacies, including Hy-Vee, Walmart, and Walgreen’s.

Both pills are sold over the counter and do not require parental permission to be purchased. Age does not matter when one goes to purchase this pill. Accidents do happen, but there are precautions that can be taken to correct them.

Pam Cindra, PV school nurse says, “In the health office, we do not offer free condoms or free pregnancy tests, but I am available to talk to you about any health concerns you have.”

Spartan Shield • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$480
$1000