Chapter 36: Rachel Schwarz

Rachel Schwarz is a freshman who is loving her high school experience so far. Rachel is involved in drama, choir and she has been singing since 6th grade. She did makeup for Little Red Riding hood children’s show with the drama department. “I love the whole drama community. They’re all really nice and accepting.” Though she has not been in any of the shows, she plans on expanding her involvement in the drama department. “I hope to be in one of the musicals. I like dancing, singing, and acting,” Schwarz said. “I hope to learn to sew clothes and costumes for the drama department.”

She is very hopeful for her future and what is to come in her high school experience. Schwarz said, “My role model is my future self because my future self is the person I should look up to.” Schwarz was born into a family full of runners — so naturally– she enjoys running in her free time. “My family is really involved in track,” Schwarz said. “I plan on doing track either this year or next year, but right now I’m really involved in drama and I want to focus on school.”

“I describe myself as a houseplant,” Schwarz said. “In my free time, I like hang out with friends.” Something interesting about Schwarz is that her and her friends have card parties. “It can get pretty competitive, but it’s always fun,” Schwarz said.

Schwarz’s friend, Julia Leach says,”She always manages to make everyone smile even on their worst day.” Schwarz has a big heart and she has a passion for helping others. “I’ve been volunteering at Gilda’s Club since the beginning of the school year, and I plan on continuing to volunteer more,” Schwarz said. “Gilda’s Club is a support group for kids who have someone in their family dealing with cancer.” Schwarz likes helping the kids there and learning about how cancer impacts each of their families. She has been dedicated to going to this volunteer group every week and wants to volunteer more in the future. “I’m looking forward to the Kids Drama Camp this summer. We work with kids to practice, sing, and act and at the end of the two week camp, they perform a show for their parents.” This summer, the Kids Camp will be performing James and Giant Peach Jr.

After high school, Schwarz plans on going to a four year college to be a Forensics Scientist. She is excited to analyze samples from crime scenes and be in the lab. Schwarz is currently taking Earth Science and is looking forward to taking Honors Biology next year. Though she plans on going into a career involving science, Schwarz’s favorite class in Honors English with Mr. Fry.

Schwarz’s bucket list is full of exciting endeavors, including many destinations to travel to. “One of my dreams is to go to Australia,” Schwarz said. “I like snorkeling, and I want to discover the culture there even though it’s one of the deadliest places to go to.”

Spartan Shield • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$480
$1000