Skipping a National Holiday

New Years Day, Valentines Day, Easter, Independance Day, Halloween, Christmas, oh wait it seems that Thanksgiving has been left out. Thanksgiving is probably the second most American holiday ever behind the 4th of July because on November 24th, we celebrate by eating as much food as we possibly can and then sitting our butts on the couch staring at a big glowing screen watching the most American sport ever: football.

How could anyone ever skip over that? Well it happens every year, what seems to be earlier and earlier each year. Stores roll out the songs, the decorations, and the gifts. The second the clock strikes Novemeber, they all shed their Halloween costumes and then put on the elf ears and Santa hats. This is the time of the year that stores rake in the cash. So the sooner they can start the christmas season the more money they can make. Thanksgiving has essentially turned into the day before Black Friday.

By doing all the advertising for Christmas I feel that it takes away from the true meaning of Thanksgiving and that is just being with the people you love and care about the most, because family and friends are everything. Take the opportunity to be with them, don’t regret not spending enough time with your family.

$580
$1000