Homecoming Events 2016

Homecoming Events 2016

Homecoming week is just around the corner, and there are many exciting events to put on the calendar. Students and staff have worked hard to plan memorable times. Though the week can be a little stressful, homecoming is meant to be FUN, so remember to relax and enjoy it before it comes to an end. Below is a list of the activities in chronological order.

Thursday, Sept 29

• Homecoming Parade: The parade starts at 6pm and runs from Scott Community College west on Belmont road to the main high school entrance. It will be fun to watch because various Pleasant Valley sports teams and organizations will be participating. It is a great way for families to cheer and show support for the school district.
  • Community Carnival: Directly following the parade a carnival will take place in the east parking lot of PVHS. This new addition to homecoming week will feature fun games and vendors for all grades and ages. Kaitlyn Evans (senior) encourages students and families to attend by saying, “It will be a great way to include the whole school in a new activity and bring the Spartan nation together.”

Friday, Sept 30

• Spirit Assembly: High school classes will be shortened for an assembly at 10:25am  to watch the coronation of King and Queen. Homecoming court this year includes: Samina Abdullah, Lauren Cramer, Emma Gellerstedt, Addie Swanson, Sally Walker, Mark Conway, Jarrin Flores, Vincent Gnad, Patrick McMonagle, and Seth Moffitt. One member of the group, Seth Moffitt, explains his reaction to getting nominated, “I was in pure shock that the class thought so highly of me.” Remember, all high school students will be able to submit a final vote. Good luck to all the contestants.
  • Homecoming Game: Come support the football team as they verse West at 5pm. Yell loudly and wear this year’s homecoming t-shirt to show school pride. Go Spartans!

Saturday, Oct 1

•Homecoming Dance: Is everyone ready for an enchanted evening? The first big dance of the school year is from 8:30-11pm in the high school cafeteria. Social committee has put forth lots of time and effort in making it happen. Thinking back, Ashley McMahon (Senior) says, “My favorite part about the dance is having fun with my best friends.”