Homecoming Spirit Week 2016

The last week of September, Pleasant Valley has a different vibe that runs throughout the school. Homecoming week will have arrived and people will be buzzing with excitement. One way that people get pumped up for homecoming is through the spirit dress up days. Each day of the week has a different theme; this gives students many opportunities to express themselves, while showing their school spirit.

Spartan Assembly is the group that sets and promotes the spirit days for homecoming week. Cecily Clark, senior, added the spirit days are intended, “to help get the entire student body excited and involved with homecoming week, mainly to spread school spirit and really have fun at school with your classmates. This year we thought it would be a fun idea if we did a spirit scoreboard and had a competition of classes (seniors, juniors, sophomores, freshman).” Spartan assembly’s new idea is something they hope to get more people involved. Emma Gellerstedt, senior, also mentioned Spartan Assembly is making things a little different saying, “This year we have given the students more of a voice in our homecoming themes so that they will actually want to participate. We also have used social media sites to reach the kids in a more casual way.”

These new ideas for getting people involved for the spirit days is very important to Gellerstedt and other members of Spartan Assembly. Gellerstedt emphasized, “It is important for students to be involved in our spirit days because I think that overall the goofiness of dressing up and getting into the themes gives the school day a fun vibe and makes people get excited for other activities like the parade, the assembly, the dance and the football game.” There are plenty of opportunities for everyone to get involved in the homecoming spirit days. Below is a list of the homecoming themes for 2016.

Monday Sept. 26: USA Day

Tuesday Sept. 27: Jersey Day

Wednesday Sept. 28: Twin Day

Thursday Sept. 29: Hawaiian Day

Friday Sept. 30: Spartan Spirit Day

$580
$1000