We all scream for Whitey’s secret menu

Some say ice cream is only a seasonal treat, but when it comes to Whitey’s Ice Cream, many will beg to differ. Whitey’s is surely a favorite among students, or just Quad Citians in general, and it’s no surprise it’s popularity has not declined with the end of summer. Even on a cold winter day, people are still swooning over their one-of-a-kind treats.

Their flavors range from more than just chocolate and vanilla, which might explain why the small ice cream shop is usually packed on Friday and Saturday nights. From their unique concoctions like Sergeant Camo and White Tiger Paws, to their decadent seasonal items, Whitey’s offers flavors most places don’t. However, many people are unaware of the fact that the delicious combinations don’t end with what’s simply written on the menu. People have tried out the wackiest combinations, found out what works and what doesn’t, and created dozens of delicious unofficial treats that are sure to please. To put each of these unique findings together creates something amazing: Whitey’s secret menu!

Blueberry Muffin Shake:

Ask for a cake batter shake (with no sprinkles) and add in blueberry flavoring. You can also swap the blueberry flavoring for another fruit flavoring to create any muffin shake you desire!

S’mores Shake:

Order a Graham Central Station shake and add in marshmallow flavoring, hot fudge flavoring, and, if you’re feeling daring, ask for a waffle cone mixed in. It’s sure to please even the pickiest of eaters!

Turtle Split Shake:

Order a Turtle Tracks shake, add butterscotch flavoring and a banana, and ask to have it topped with whipped cream, pecans, and a cherry. It’s a twist on a classic!

Banana Cream Pie Shake:

Order a Graham Central Station shake with banana, vanilla flavoring, and whipped cream mixed in. It’s a dream come true if you’re a fan on bananas!

Pumpkin Pie Shake:

For all of those who just can’t get enough pumpkin, this is perfect! Order a Graham Central Station shake with pumpkin flavoring, cinnamon, and whipped cream mixed in as well topped with.

Crunchy Cup-O-Joe Shake:

Order a Cup-O-Joe shake with a hot fudge flavoring and a waffle cone mixed in. Perfect for any coffee lover!

Pleasant Valley students have a few of their own creations too. “My favorite thing to get is the moose tracks shake,” says senior Cameron Blunk. “But a slushy float is also really good. It’s a cherry slushy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream in it.”

Junior Madisyn Kirkhove adds that her favorite personal creation is “chocolate chips in coffee ice cream.” Whether it’s simple or very elaborate, the creations (and splurges) are never-ending at Whitey’s Ice Cream!