Who will be the next Mr. PV?

Mr. PV has been a long standing tradition started by PV alumni, Jake Wood, class of 2001. Spartan Assembly will be carrying on the tradition hosting this annual event once again this spring. The event will take place on Friday, April 13 at 7:30 PM in the PVHS theater.

Cost of admission is $5 at the door which will go to the designated non profit organization for this event, the Riverbend Foodbank. This organization is known as the largest hunger relief organization in the area, including 23 counties in eastern Iowa and western Illinois.

Spartan Assembly has chosen for all proceeds from Mr. PV to go towards the Quad Cities Student Hunger Drive to boost their advantage in the upcoming fall competition. Using this event as a head start in the competition, they hope to defend their First Place High School award received in the 2017 competition. Audience members will have the opportunity to vote for Mr. PV by making a donation to their favorite contestant during the show. There will also be an opportunity to vote for contestants for those who are not able to attend the competition. On Thursday April 12 and Friday April 13, donation bins will be available at Sparbucks from 7:30-8:00 AM. In addition to donations, Sparbucks will be offering a Special Mr. PV drink on Friday April 13th and customers can put the cost of their drink towards their favorite Mr. PV contestant.

With twelve contestants – more contestants than ever before – each of their performances will tell if they are worthy of the honorary title. Sophomore contestant, Nate Martell, is confident in his talent selection for the competition. “The other contestants better watch out because this synchronized swimming with Kontos and Avery is about to be the best thing the world has seen in 2018,” Martell said. Nabeel Affarka, sophomore, was a fan favorite from last year’s competition and will compete again as a returning contestant. With a year of experience in the competition, Affarka has revised his act with a whole new concept to display his personality. “I will be doing a stand up comedy act about my life,” Affarka said.

The twelve contestants will compete in the categories of dancing, best legs, talent, and on stage interview questions. Come to competition on Friday, April 13th at 7:30 PM to find out who will carry on the legacy of Mr. PV!