Pleasant Valley’s favorite Halloween movies

Halloween is rapidly approaching and many are looking for good Halloween movies to watch. However, it can be hard to find the perfect movie sometimes! According to some Pleasant Valley students of all ages, these are the best Halloween movies that everyone should watch this spooky season.

Pleasant Valley senior Mahum Haque says her favorite Halloween movie is Twitches. “Everyone can watch it; I can watch it with my family. It’s not too scary and it’s one of those classic Halloween movies that you can watch over and over again.”

Twitches tells the story of two teen witches who were separated at birth and run into each other on their 21st birthday. They discover they have powers and must use them to save the world that they are originally from.

Pleasant Valley senior Abigail Roth’s favorite Halloween movie is Hocus Pocus. “It’s a good movie that’s not scary but still displays the fun themes of Halloween like mystery and magic. It’s a great movie for all ages.”

Hocus Pocus is about three witches that were executed for practicing dark witchcraft in the 17th century. A young boy who has just moved to Salem accidentally awakens them, but the witches only have one night to secure their continuing existence.

Pleasant Valley freshman Allisa Pandit’s favorite Halloween movie is Hotel Transylvania. “It’s a festive and cute movie to watch with friends. The movie has a deeper meaning to it, making it even better. Although it’s not exactly a Halloween movie, it’s still great to watch around Halloween time because of the fun, supernatural characters.”

In Hotel Transylvania, Dracula runs a high-end resort away from the human world. This resort is for supernaturals only; however, one day a human boy discovers the resort and falls for Dracula’s teenage daughter, causing Dracula to become overprotective.

Nico Broussalian and Shannon Mullen, Pleasant Valley seniors, say their favorite Halloween movie is Hereditary. “The film making, the neatness of the characters, and the originality of the plot were all key features that the made the movie like no other. The movie is unnatural, unpredictable, and graphic, making it the perfect scary Halloween movie.”

Hereditary is about the Graham family trying to outrun the sinister fate that runs in their blood. When the matriarch of their family passes away, the family begins to unravel terrifying secrets about their ancestry. This leads to disturbing experiences with the supernatural.

Spencer Clark, a senior at Pleasant Valley, says his favorite Halloween movie is Halloween. “It’s a classic that still holds up. Moreover, it’s cheesy but still scary. The sequels are great to watch, too.”

Halloween displays the story of Michael Myers. Fifteen years after murdering his sister on Halloween night in 1963, he escapes from a mental hospital and returns to the small town of Haddonfield to kill again.

Aabha Joshi, a Pleasant Valley junior, says her favorite Halloween movie is Halloweentown. “It’s one of my favorites because I’ve been watching it since I was little; it’s become a tradition to watch it every Halloween now. With its interesting plot and funny characters, it’s a great movie to watch with the family.”

Halloweentown tells the tale of Marnie and her siblings, who follow their grandma home to Halloweentown and find out they come from a family of witches. However, trouble ensues as Marnie and her family are soon involved in a fight against the evil beings that are threatening to take over the world.

Although this article may contain just six of the best Halloween movies, there are still many others that have been family favorites for years. With hundreds of Halloween movies out there, Pleasant Valley students are bound to have a great Halloween.