DON’T pay for Prada

How to be fashionable without breaking the bank

High school is a time when teenagers begin to take on responsibilities. It’s a time when students must become more independent. One example disliked by several students is having to pay for clothes without a parent or guardian’s help. How many teenagers actually enjoy doing this? It may seem like finding cute clothes for a reasonable price is nearly impossible, but you may want to think twice. Why buy clothing at high-end stores when you can get the latest, greatest trends at a much more affordable one? No one will ever know where you got it. There are several places in the Quad Cities that carry the latest trends for lower prices, so steal the deal and look amazing. Here is a guide to making the most of your fall shopping on a budget while looking better than ever:

Target

The latest fall trends are jean skirts. This Button Front Skirt from Target is super adorable and is listed at under 20 dollars. Jean skirts are very versatile and can be paired with tights, boots, and a cute blouse or body suit to go underneath. If it’s too warm for tights, no worries; find a pair of sandals and you’re set to go.

skirt

19.99

Also from Target is the Embroidered High Neck Cold-Shoulder Top. Two fashion statements that stand out in this article are the high-cut neck as well as the cut out shoulders. These two looks together are so flattering on any body type; the high neck actually appears to slim the upper body as well. You can’t go wrong with this piece. Throw on a pair of jeans (colored jeans would be even better) and whatever shoes you like best. You now have a to-die-for outfit that is super easy to put together. People won’t even know you took hardly five minutes to create this trendy look.

high-neckhigh-neck-back

19.99

Charlotte Rousse

Charlotte Russe may not seem like the kind of cheap you’re looking for, but have you wiggled your way to the back of the store to find their endless amounts of sale racks? They are ALWAYS there. Fun fact: Charlotte Russe has a rack of sale items all listed at five dollars. How much cheaper could it get? This super “in,” off-the shoulder top is listed under 10 dollars. Casual but cute and put-together. Miranda Metz, senior, states, “I love Charlotte Russe because of its cheap prices and at the same time has so many cute clothes.”
charlotte-rousse

8.99

Since boot season is making its way back but the weather isn’t quite cold enough, these Qupid Tassel-Tie Peep Toe Booties are the perfect fit. The combination of boots and open toes create a well-suited fashion statement for this time of year. Danielle Henricksen, senior, says, “I love wearing boots during this time of year. They are a sign of fall and you can’t go wrong with boots in the fall.” Charlotte Russe is having a 30% off sale of all shoes, so pick these adorable booties up soon!

boots

27.29

Cheap places not listed or able to be pictured also include TJ Maxx, Goodwill, Plato’s Closet, and more. Henricksen also mentions, “TJ Maxx is one of my favorite stores. It has absolutely everything you’re looking for at way cheaper prices than the typical, go-to store.” The styles pictured above can be found at these places just as easily. Don’t feel like you have to shop at the most well-known, expensive places to look your best. You can do that by shopping anywhere. Really. It’s a matter of stealing the deals and finding clothes that make you feel good. If none of these “in-style” items listed above appeal to you, that is totally okay. Don’t change your style just to fit in. You can still find the best deals at any of these places due to the various styles offered. It is important to pick clothing that will make you feel just like yourself.