New lot, recurring issues

The+new+lot+opened+Tuesday+and+the+row+closest+to+the+building+is+reserved+for+teachers.+

New lot, recurring issues

The new lot opened Tuesday and the row closest to the building is reserved for teachers.

Hope Sickels

Hope Sickels

Hope Sickels

Hope Sickels, Staff Contributor

With the new addition to the high school came a new parking lot. The “A” lot has now opened and is available for juniors, seniors and teachers. The row closest to the building is reserved for teachers and handicapped parking. Upperclassman have the rest of the lot for themselves.

On Thursday, a handful of students parked in the teacher’s parking spots. All of the cars in teacher parking spots were ticketed and forced to move into a spot reserved for students.

The consequences for parking violations go as follows: First violation is a $10 ticket, second is $15 and the third is $20. If a student were to receive all three strikes, the fourth would result in H&H Towing. If a car is towed, there is a $125 plus tax cash only retrieval fee.

Principal Mike Zimmer wants to emphasize that there are plenty of student parking spots and no student should have to take up a spot a staff member’s spot. “PVHS is proud to have expanded student parking to accommodate almost everyone. It remains unfortunate that even with all of this expansion, students continue to park in areas reserved for staff,” said Zimmer.

Rebecca Hinman, a secretary in the office, had to call down the students that parked in the teacher spots. She’d say roughly ten students were forced to move their car into an appropriate spot on Thursday. “I think right now it’s just those students that may have failed to read the announcements and I’m sure they just don’t know yet,” said Hinman.

Senior Elle Beeler parked in the “A” lot Thursday morning. Having seen the announcements during study hall on the TV in the Spartan Commons, she was aware of the rules set in place and she did not get ticketed.

Juniors and seniors’ thoughts on the new lot are mostly positive. “It’s so much closer to the doors so when it’s freezing I spend a lot less time walking into school,” said Beeler. But she also expressed how she wished it was only for seniors since it’s not that big to begin with.

1 Comment

One Response to “New lot, recurring issues”

1. Hannah on December 6th, 2018 10:56 pm

I agree with Elle in this article. I think it should be just a senior lot cause teachers have their lot and seniors from last year had their own lot and seniors from this year don’t have theirs. Which is not fair at all

• New lot, recurring issues

PV News

Looking at the substitute teacher process

• New lot, recurring issues

PV News

Saying hello to the many world languages

• New lot, recurring issues

PV News

PV’s course guide gets an update

• New lot, recurring issues

PV News

PV places importance on robotics program

• New lot, recurring issues

PV News

Countless resources provided by the library

• New lot, recurring issues

PV News

Spartan coffee bar opens

• New lot, recurring issues

PV News

The new windows introduce new benefits

• New lot, recurring issues

PV News

Petition to change Turnabout back

• New lot, recurring issues

PV News

The classroom comes to life with virtual reality

• New lot, recurring issues

PV News

Gym class gets an upgrade

New lot, recurring issues