New lot, recurring issues

The+new+lot+opened+Tuesday+and+the+row+closest+to+the+building+is+reserved+for+teachers.+

New lot, recurring issues

The new lot opened Tuesday and the row closest to the building is reserved for teachers.

Hope Sickels

Hope Sickels

Hope Sickels

Hope Sickels, Staff Contributor

With the new addition to the high school came a new parking lot. The “A” lot has now opened and is available for juniors, seniors and teachers. The row closest to the building is reserved for teachers and handicapped parking. Upperclassman have the rest of the lot for themselves.

On Thursday, a handful of students parked in the teacher’s parking spots. All of the cars in teacher parking spots were ticketed and forced to move into a spot reserved for students.

The consequences for parking violations go as follows: First violation is a $10 ticket, second is $15 and the third is $20. If a student were to receive all three strikes, the fourth would result in H&H Towing. If a car is towed, there is a $125 plus tax cash only retrieval fee.

Principal Mike Zimmer wants to emphasize that there are plenty of student parking spots and no student should have to take up a spot a staff member’s spot. “PVHS is proud to have expanded student parking to accommodate almost everyone. It remains unfortunate that even with all of this expansion, students continue to park in areas reserved for staff,” said Zimmer.

Rebecca Hinman, a secretary in the office, had to call down the students that parked in the teacher spots. She’d say roughly ten students were forced to move their car into an appropriate spot on Thursday. “I think right now it’s just those students that may have failed to read the announcements and I’m sure they just don’t know yet,” said Hinman.

Senior Elle Beeler parked in the “A” lot Thursday morning. Having seen the announcements during study hall on the TV in the Spartan Commons, she was aware of the rules set in place and she did not get ticketed.

Juniors and seniors’ thoughts on the new lot are mostly positive. “It’s so much closer to the doors so when it’s freezing I spend a lot less time walking into school,” said Beeler. But she also expressed how she wished it was only for seniors since it’s not that big to begin with.

Hope Sickels, Staff Contributor

I’m Hope Sickels, a part of the 2019 class. I’m a Staff Contributor for the Spartan Shield Online this year. I've attended PV since kindergarten and...

1 Comment

One Response to “New lot, recurring issues”

1. Hannah on December 6th, 2018 10:56 pm

I agree with Elle in this article. I think it should be just a senior lot cause teachers have their lot and seniors from last year had their own lot and seniors from this year don’t have theirs. Which is not fair at all

• New lot, recurring issues

News

New changes in positions and leadership roles at the high school

• New lot, recurring issues

News

Pleasant Valley School District: possibly sued for discrimination

• New lot, recurring issues

PV News

Engineering students take first place in the Trebuchet Egg Throw Competition

• New lot, recurring issues

PV News

Concerns of safety in local synagogues

• New lot, recurring issues

PV News

Responsibility of recycling not taken seriously

• New lot, recurring issues

PV News

PV students design a future with architecture experience

• New lot, recurring issues

PV News

What you need to know about the latest ALICE drill

• New lot, recurring issues

PV News

PV’s journalism program goes for the gold at spring competition

• New lot, recurring issues

PV News

Four seniors named IHSPA Scholars for outstanding work in journalism

• New lot, recurring issues

PV News

From sophomore to freshman: A 15-year-old PV student transitions to college

New lot, recurring issues