Ready to start taking away student debt?

‘Tis the season for Pleasant Valley students to apply for colleges. Schools are getting more expensive and financial aid cannot provide as much for students. Fortunately, PV Foundation, a place full of scholarships, allows students to get additional money for school.

Beth Marsoun, the director of this foundation, states, “Many of our scholarships are endowed by families and businesses — either in the memory of a loved one lost or because they see the benefit a scholarship give to our community.”

All students who are eligible to graduate can apply for scholarship money. The endowment for this foundation reached one million this past year. This significant amount of money allows students to get a head start on their college education.

“In 2016, we awarded 79 scholarships and we expect to award more than 80 in 2017.” Marsoun proudly confirms.

Any slight help for college tuition is beneficial in the long run. The average debt for students who attend school in Iowa is $29,732. This immense amount of money is an eyesore to look at. With scholarships, this number can be reduced even more so.

Pleasant Valley seniors can apply for as many scholarships as possible. The applications opened up on Oct. 1. Start looking into this great opportunity, Spartans!