Spartan Shield’s first live broadcast

Spartan Shield online has done their first live broadcast, and it was a very awesome experience we were able to participate in. Spartan Shield went online this 2016 school year. We are able to post our stories that are currently in the printed newspaper online for all to see.

On Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2016, the Spartan Shield did a live broadcast for the election. We had many people participate and over 3,900 people tuned in. We got over 500 comments and numerous likes. This is extraordinary considering it was the very first broadcast Spartan Shield has ever done.

Jarrin Flores, the Spartan Shield Online editor in chief, and Kinsey Paulson, a member of PV Publications, were the news anchors for the night. They did an exceptional job explaining what was going to be happening next. According to Claire Park, senior, “The live broadcast was absolutely amazing. It was very informative and also funny to watch.”

This broadcast wouldn’t have been able to happen without the special help from Sam Lundry and Alex McLean. Alex was in charge of the technology and making sure everything connected together. Sam Lundry was in charge of setting everything up and doing the poll updates.

The Spartan Shield online had a guest appearance from the candidates themselves. Cassie Berta, playing Secretary Clinton, and Joey Dwyer, playing Mr. Trump, came to do a funny skit acting as the candidates. Their skit brought in many viewers and added an amusing touch to the broadcast.

With the help from everyone involved the Spartan Shield Online was able to pull off their first ever live broadcast. Thank you to everyone who tuned in to watch and to those who made it possible for this to happen. The Spartan Shield Online thanks you.

$580
$1000