Committing to further excellence

On Monday, Nov. 21, 2016, athletes of Pleasant Valley High School signed to continue on their sports at the collegiate level. Seven students, all involved in a variety of sports, were involved during the signing process.There was an assembly on Nov. 21 where D’anne Kroemer, athletic director, talked with each athlete about their future plans and sports. Five girls and two boys signed for colleges.

Cameron Blunk signed with the University of Central Oklahoma to continue on with rowing. Michael Showers signed with St. Ambrose University to continue with his sport of golf. Taryn Bloomfield signed with Graceland University to play volleyball. Josh Stivers is going to be playing baseball at Shtoon College. Claire Park is going to continue her love of diving at The University of Iowa. Addie Swanson will be continuing on with track and field at The University of Iowa. Last, but not least, Ali Staver will be swimming at Eastern Michigan University.

According to Addie Swanson, senior track and field runner, “I am very excited to have the next chapter of my life be at the University of Iowa. I am very fortunate to be able to continue my love for track and field at the university.” Swanson also stated that she absolutely loves the campus and can’t wait to begin her journey. She is most excited for meeting the girls on her team and living with them.

Michael Showers, senior golf athlete, exclaimed, “I am most excited to be a part of a team who has qualified for the national golf tournament 20 out of the 26 years. I am also thankful and very excited to keep playing the game I love.”

These athletes are all very excited to continue the sports they love at the collegiate level. Stay tuned to see what happens in their future.

$580
$1000