Shred the slopes this Winter

Amidst this winter season people may find themselves looking for something enjoyable to do. One place in particular has built their success around the winter season. Snowstar Winter Park is located in Andalusia, Ill. According to their website, “Located in Coal Creek Valley above the Mississippi River, Snowstar Winter Park is a family-friendly park just minutes outside the Quad Cities in Andalusia, Ill. With 15 trails, a massive terrain park, and 11 snow tubing lanes, you’ll find something for everyone. Learning to ski or snowboard? Our trained instructors will teach you the key skills needed to allow you to fully enjoy our slopes and trails safely.”

Snowstar has options to buy a season pass for the year or pay for a one-time lift ticket. In addition to the lift tickets, people can rent ski and snowboard gear to use at the park. Snowstar has hills for the leisure skiers and snowboarders who enjoy riding down a hill with little to no obstacles in their way. Snowstar also mentions, “The Terrain Park at Snowstar is our new professionally designed and designated freestyle area. Offering Jumps, Rails, and Boxes for all levels of freestyle skiing and snowboarding. Snowstar offers one of the largest designated Terrain Parks in the region.”

Several students at Pleasant Valley enjoy spending their winters at Snowstar Winter Park. Brandon Letney, senior, is one of those students. Letney comments, “I like [Snowstar Winter Park] because the Terrain Park crew always makes a great setup, the friendly staff, and the great snow conditions. I like it because they work hard and make the best out of a small hill.”

Visit the Snowstar Winter Park website for more information about costs and hours of operation. http://skisnowstar.com