Locker mishap calls for new replacements

Pleasant Valley High School is eventually scheduled to switch every original locker to match the dark blue color scheme. However, a mistake which occurred over the summer has resulted in the early installment of some new lockers.

An old and incorrect order which called for the wrong color and size of lockers was mistakenly fulfilled a few months ago.

“Had we not already removed the old lockers, I would have refused receipt but since we needed lockers I accepted the order with the stipulation that we would replace them over Christmas Break,” stated Mike Zimmer, principal of Pleasant Valley High School.

Since Winter Break has passed, these newly-installed lockers—which are in the hallway leading to the engineering and food prep classrooms—are now in coordination with those stationed in the locker bay outside of rooms 185 and 186.

Daman Riat, senior, expressed his concern upon seeing the new lockers. “I don’t like the new lockers due to their considerably smaller size. Unpacking my bag and placing items in the locker is now more of a hassle for me,” he said. “The old ones were much more spacious. Their color was fine too.”
Future locker replacements all depends on the availability of remodel dollars. PVHS’s recent expansion of $22 million may have impacted the current remodel dollars.

$480
$1000