Swaps for expensive makeup

Makeup is something people use to make themselves feel better. Why would you spend a crazy amount of money on one product when you could buy three or four things for the same price? Here are a list of brands you can purchase without wrecking your budget. These products all compare to the high-end makeup many people use.

Mascara:

Pricey: Christian Dior Diorshow Mascara

$25.00

Swap: L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara

$7.00

Christian Dior Diorshow mascara is definitely an amazing mascara that makes your lashes voluminous and full. However, you can get the same effect with a much cheaper drugstore brand mascara.

Beauty Balm Cream:

Pricey: Omorovicza Complexion Perfector BB spf 20

$135.00

Swap: Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 skin perfector

$9.00

BB cream combines foundation, sunscreen, and moisturizer for the perfect light finish. Maybelline’s BB cream is a lot creamier and gives more coverage than most. It also comes in a variety of shades, which most creams don’t. According to Claire Park, senior, “I use the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB and I absolutely love it. It makes my face feel light and airy. This product does more than I thought it would for my face.”

Primer:

Pricey: Too Faced Primed and Poreless skin smoothing face primer

$30.00

Swap: Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer

$10.00

Primer is a great way to start out the makeup process. It helps to smooth the face and cover up any blemishes. While the Too Faced primer is flawless, so is the Revlon primer. It gives off the same look and glow as the Too Faced product. The only difference is the price. According to Lexi Neal, junior, “I turned to Revlon Perfecting Primer after using Too Faced primer one time. It was too expensive and I couldn’t afford to keep using it. I get the same coverage with my Revlon product.”

Blush:

Pricey: Nars blush in Unlawful

$29.00

Swap: Wet n’ Wild blush in Pearlescent Pink

$3.00

The Nars blush has a pigment like no other product. It is a peachy-pink color that looks amazing on anyone. If you put a few layers on of the Wet n’ Wild, you will look like you have the Nars blush on.