Are the Migos the Hottest Hip Hop group Today?

The rap group called, “Migos”, consists of: Quavo, Offset, and Takeoff. The group coming out of an Atlanta, Georgia suburb was established in 2010. First recognized when known rapper, Drake, was featured on their remixed hit song “Versace.” They followed up with hit singles, “Hannah Montana” and “China Town,” and quickly drew attention. They’re known for their, “Wild flow and crazy beats,” said Pleasant Valley senior, Owen Ward.

But since then, the rap group has built momentum even being referred to, by some, as the, “Black Beatles.” Debuting their highly anticipated album on Jan. 27, Culture, it has earned the No. 1 spot on the billboard 200 albums chart, No. 1 on Billboard Hot 100 single for “Bad and Boujee”, and over 131,000 streams/sales in its first week. Even golden globe winner, Donald Glover, gave a shout out to Migos during his award speech. Glover said, “I really wanna thank the Migos, not for being in the show, but for making ‘Bad and Boujee.’ Like that’s the best song ever.”

Amongst the recent hype of Migos, there has been a petition for the group to perform at halftime instead of Lady Gaga. There was a slim chance, now known that never ended up happening. But with over 69,000 signees, it did raise a serious debate. Even the Migos were hoping for a chance, “Let’s do it. We’re ready to f—ing perform,” said Quavo.