Happily ever after stereotypes

Emily and Haley Ferguson from The Bachelor and Bachelor in Paradise now have their own  TV show, a spin off of Ben Higgins and Lauren Bushnell’s Happily Ever After. The season premiere of their new show is called The Twins: Happily Ever After and premiered on March 20. The twins on this show appear as dumb blondes. Their mom, Jill Ferguson, does everything for them, and their journey is to move out of their mom’s house and find careers.

Months before this show aired, many advertisements were placed about the excitement surrounding it. The advertisements expressed how entertaining this show would be. The twins are expected to show their independence as they are trying to act more like adults.

Jenna Hoover, senior, said, “I was disappointed in the show. It seemed very scripted, and it showed how much they still depend on their mom.” The stereotype on this show portrays the twins as dumb blondes. Shows like this are allowing other generations to think these stereotypes are okay.

The stereotype this show brings to light is one that says blondes aren’t smart. Keeli Richards, senior, said, “When people use the saying ‘I’m not smart because I am a blonde,’ it makes me feel offended, but I do think most people realize it is a stereotype and a joke.”

The twins actions on the show express they aren’t independent adults. Many times on the show, they refer to how they are trying to be adults. To show the viewers this process, E. Ferguson and H. Ferguson are shown making dinner and doing things for their mom.

According to etonline.com, “The Bachelor universe keeps expanding.” Starting from the original Bachelor and Bachelorette, Bachelor in Paradise, Happily Ever After, and The Twins: Happily Ever After have been created. Fans of The Bachelor are trying to stay in touch with their favorite celebrities who should have been forgotten.