A guide to World War III

U.S. Department of Energy via Wikimedia Commons

With the United States getting involved in everyone’s business and all of the tension in the world right now, there has been speculation that another world war is inevitable. If it happens, who would each country form alliances with? This all depends on the situation, as there is such a mess going on in the world right now. Nobody knows exactly who would align with who if a war were to break out. The United States will most likely be allied with NATO, unless President Trump does something to break that. The war could be against Russia, China, Syria, North Korea, or possible all of those countries allied together.

If the draft comes back because of a major war, all males citizens eighteen years or older face the possibility of being drafted. However, there are a few ways to avoid the draft. First, one can plead their case in front of a draft board if they have religious or moral reasonings for not wanting to fight. A doctor could also determine a person to be unfit to join the military. If these methods don’t work, a person could get arrested and sent to prison to avoid being drafted. If all else fails, one could always flee the country.

Those who aren’t drafted still face the dilemma of where to go during the war. Landry Blunk, senior, said, “I would go to Switzerland. In history, they have avoided major wars.” Hadden Henderson, senior, said, “I would move to Iceland because it is such a remote place.” There are a lot of safe countries to move to if another world war were to break out, according to Express, New Zealand, Denmark, Chile, Ireland, and Fiji will be some of the safest countries to move to.