Spartan Shield goes digital

21st Century, we have finally arrived!

Starting this 2016-2017 school year, the Spartan Shield has gone digital. Students can look forward to reading about the latest news of Pleasant Valley online–and that’s not all.

With unlimited space, the Spartan Shield’s online staff will be able to provide a wide variety of news stories, features, profiles, editorials and more to the community of Pleasant Valley.

“Spartan parents and community members love being informed of the great happenings in our school. Publishing an online version of our newsmagazine will allow a much broader audience to enjoy our students’ articles,” said Maureen Dyer, Spartan Shield adviser.

The Spartan Shield will still be available in print, however. The newsmagazine is printed monthly and available in the main hallway of the high school. Its 16 pages are filled with various stories which are relevant to the students of Pleasant Valley.

The online staff is excited to be able to contribute longer and more timely pieces to the website, along with the latest sports stories, arts and entertainment news, and student spotlights.

Be sure to log on to the website a few times a week to check the latest news of Pleasant Valley. Any questions or story suggestions can be sent to the news adviser at [email protected].

$580
$1000