Tim’s trims

If in need of a haircut, Tim Cooke is the person to see. Cooke is a senior at Pleasant Valley High School, and he has started his own hair cutting business out of his garage.

Cooke has made a small business for himself. He started his business when he received barber tools for Christmas. Ever since, he has been trying to build his business. The name of Tim’s hair cutting business is “Tim’s Trims.” As Cooke looks to the future and going off to college, he wants to cut hair as a profession.

When Cooke first started this business in December of 2016, he didn’t receive a lot of customers. He didn’t let this stop him, though. Cooke had to think of a way to advertise his new business so he could get more customers.

Cooke wanted his advertisements to bring lots of different people. He then decided to make t-shirts which would have his logo and contact information on them. Cooke sold the shirts for two weeks; they were $10 each. His t-shirt idea worked, and he sold over 100 shirts. Cooke said, “I hope the amount of people who bought the shirts will wear them around. Then, all I have to do is wait for business to come in.”

Cutting hair is something Cooke has a passion for. He has cut mostly men’s hair, but is open to different challenges.

Austin Stickle, senior said, “I went to Tim’s Trims, and I liked the way he cut my hair. He was very easy to get an appointment with. I have another appointment with him in a few weeks.” Cooke has cut the hair of only one female customer, but he encourages more women to come.