Who will be Mr. PV?

Every spring, Spartan Assembly hosts the annual Mr. PV event to raise funds for different causes. This year, like many other events, Mr. PV will be raising funds in support of Will Kohn, son of PV teacher Chris Kohn. Mr. PV is a male beauty pageant that allows males of all grade levels to battle for the title of Mr. PV, and to help raise funds for Kohn. Mr. PV is taking place on Friday, May 12 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.

Participants will be competing in a number of categories. There is a best dance category, where the contestants are taught a choreographed routine and perform it on stage. Next there is a best legs competition, where the participants show off their legs from behind a screen, only showing their legs. A talent portion will take place, where contestants have two minutes to do what they think will impress the judges. Then there is a final portion, where the contestants will be answering questions on stage and will be judged for the best dressed portion of the competition at the same time. Spartan Assembly wants this to be a fun time for people to come watch or participate in.

Rebecca Abdullah, junior, is one of several Spartan Assembly members that is working to put on this show. Abdullah said, “The on-stage questions are always funny because you never know what answers to expect. I am personally looking forward to the talent portion, and I’m excited to see what the contestants will come up with.” The audience can vote for their favorite contestant by placing a donation into a designated spot for each contestant. Those donations along with the admission will go towards the fundraiser for Kohn. Austin Stickel, senior, will be participating in Mr. PV. Stickel said, “It’s another fun way to raise money for a good cause. Everyone benefits from it whether it be from performing or watching, leaving no one disappointed.”