FALL in Love With These Seasonal Activities

Labor Day has come and gone and with that, so has our beloved summer. It’s time to trade in the pool floaties and lemonade for fuzzy socks and everything pumpkin spice. Days are getting shorter and the air is getting colder, however, that doesn’t mean everyone has stay bundled up in their homes. There are plenty of fall activities scattered across the Quad Cities, including apple orchards, pumpkin patches, and haunted houses that make any chilly, fall day enjoyable.

The most popular apple orchard in the QC area is Stone’s Apple Barn. Located just across the river, it’s a short 13.5 miles away from Bettendorf. Stone’s Apple Barn is, obviously, well known for their apples, but they also have an apple shop and a petting zoo. Cami Hunter recalls her time at the apple barn, stating, “Stones was a really fun experience! You get to pick apples, see farm animals, plus they had really yummy caramel apples!”

Even though the amount of pumpkin patches in the Quad Cities is sparse, the quality of the ones we do have make up for it. Pride of the Wapsi, perhaps the best one, is located in Long Grove, Iowa, which is about 15 miles away from Bettendorf. The pumpkins can be picked straight off the vine and for nine dollars a person, activities such as a corn maze, barrel train, sandbox, and a petting zoo are available.  

Unlike pumpkin patches, the amount of haunted houses in the Quad Cities is endless. When October rolls in, so does the infestation of these spooky dwellings. Still, Grace Budde is able to pick a favorite, Factory of Fear. “I like the interaction with the workers at the beginning when I was waiting. It had something different in every room that I didn’t expect so I couldn’t anticipate things,” stated Budde.

All around the area, the amount of things to do this season is endless. Get out and embrace the upcoming season with the variety of fall festivities near you.