New teachers at PVHS

New teachers at PVHS

Pleasant Valley High School is honored to welcome three new teachers to its staff this school year. Below are brief introductions to each teacher.

Mr. Kissack: Mr. Kissack is a science teacher. In the morning, he teaches 8th grade science out at the junior high. In the afternoon, he teaches physics here at the high school. This is Mr. Kissack’s fifteenth year teaching. Before teaching at Pleasant Valley, he taught in Missouri, Florida, and Guttenberg, Iowa. Mr. Kissack has two kids; a four-year-old daughter and a ten-month-old son. Many of his favorite hobbies include playing with his children, but he also really enjoys grilling on the barbeque. In addition to serving as a teacher, Mr. Kissack is also the new PV Girls’ Swimming and Diving coach. The team is very strong this year, already winning its first meet by a wide margin, and he is excited to see how far they will come this season.

0.png

Mr. Barnes: Mr. Barnes teaches English 9 and American Literature. Starting second semester, he will also teach College Writing. Mr. Barnes graduated from Pleasant Valley High School in 2004 and was a member of the PV Boys’ Cross Country team. Before becoming a high school teacher, he taught at the University of Montana. His favorite activities are reading, writing, and running. This year, in addition to teaching, Mr. Barnes will coach the Mock Trial team.  

0.png
Mr. Medd: Mr. Medd is a new Assistant Band Director at PVHS. He helps with the marching band, concert band, jazz band, and wind ensemble. He also gives private lessons. Before working at Pleasant Valley, Mr. Medd taught at a program called “Kids in Tune” in Michigan where he helped build and promote the success of young students through music. Some of Mr. Medd’s hobbies include watching football (especially the Hawkeyes), spending time with family and friends, and playing the trombone. He is excited to work with the band, and he also hopes to make it to many of the high school sporting events.

0.png