Here We Go Spartans, Here We Go!

All throughout the week, and even on the weekend, there are Spartans competing in a number of different sporting events. The athletes of Pleasant Valley aren’t the only ones invested into the chaos of competition. The frontline and student section of PV have a very important job. From chants and cheers, to painting their chests in the freezing cold, they do it all. There are plenty of opportunities for the entire student body to get involved in the world high school sports fandom. From themes and other dress up days, to student section led chants, there is something for just about everyone.

School spirit is a big part of Pleasant Valley, and the student section is a way to showcase it. Mark Conway, senior, mentioned, “Pleasant Valley has a strong tradition of being great at sports, even though we are one of the smaller schools in the 4A division. It is important as the student body to show our appreciation and spirit for all of our sports and the best way to do that is through our fun and exciting themes!” Most of the sporting events, especially football, have themes that students are able to participate in. Conway also stressed, “It is important to always try to coordinate with the theme! If you can’t find one, check the student section Twitter or ask a senior! With games or matches it is always better to have more students! Always try your best to show up on time and participate in all the cheers! It’ll take no time at all before you learn them all! There are lots of chants to pump up our teams or directed at other student sections! Show your Spartan Spirit!!”

Not only do the themes give the student body opportunities to participate, it gives the athletes at Pleasant Valley motivation. CJ Carter, senior varsity football player, commented on the role of the student section saying, “Having a student section makes games more exciting and personally motivates me. To see my fellow peers and classmates cheering me on excites me and just makes me want to do my best!” The student section tries its best to include as many people as they can. The more that people participate in the themes and cheer on the Spartans, the more motivated PV’s athletes become. Below are the following themes for the this year’s football games.

2016 Football Themes:

September 2nd- Neon

September 9th- Hawaiian

September 16th- Green out

September 23rd- Yellow out

September 30th- White out

October 7th- Western night

October 14th- Black out

October 21st- USA

$580
$1000