Gucci Gang, Gucci Gang, Gucci Gang.

Miami-Dade County Jail via Wikimedia Commons

Gucci Gang, Gucci Gang, Gucci Gang. Like other childhood prodigies such as Mozart and Jackson, Gazzy Garcia, otherwise known as Lil Pump, has entranced an entire generation to his tunes. Not since Tupac has there been a rapper so revered as Lil Pump. He began his career on soundcloud with his friend Smokepurpp, when Purpp suggested Garcia hop on a song with him, and as the saying goes “the rest was history.” Since then Lil Pump has reached #4 on the billboard charts with the song “Gucci Gang” and has released a full length mixtape called “Lil Pump.” His catchy hooks and dope beats initially grabbed listener’s attention but it was his insightful lyrics, serious demeanor, and motto “ESKETIT” which made one want to keep listening.

When asked if I could list my favorite Lil Pump songs? the only response that came to mind was “all of them.” This is because every song is so incredibly unique. Many people criticize lil pump for sounding similar in all of his songs, these people are nothing but ignorant haters. A finely trained ear can pick up the true quality of Lil Pump.

A phenomenon that deserves further investigation is the concept of “pumpception.” In Lil Pump’s last project project “Lil Pump” there is a song called “Lil Pump.” This is an obvious sign for the true devotees of Lil Pump, he is trying to convey the importance of self image. Through the triple repetition of his name, Lil Pump shows that people’s self image is often guided by the culture around them but it rather needs to be guided by themselves. Lil Pump scatters his music with clever ideas like “pumpception” that one needs to dig into to fully understand.

In addition, what is incredibly unique about his music is that Lil Pump truly exemplifies one of the fastest growing categories of musician “soundcloud rapper.” On soundcloud anyone, even a kid in a high school, can put music on the site for others to hear. The American Dream is happening on Soundcloud right now and Lil Pump is their John Rockefeller. He is a superstar showing that no matter one’s age or talent he or she can make it big; and that ladies and gentleman is something truly special.

$580
$1000