Spartans assemble

Spartans+assemble

Every Tuesday and Thursday morning during the school year, 35 dedicated individuals meet and plan for various events throughout the school. This hardworking group of individuals is also known as Spartan Assembly. This team works year round to put on different events and activities. Some events are big like the student hunger drive; others are of smaller magnitude such as the Homecoming spirit days. No matter the task, Spartan Assembly works every week to help better their school and the community that they live in.

Spartan Assembly is composed of students from all grades. An executive team on Spartan Assembly runs the meetings and oversees everything that goes on. Emma Horsfield, Junior, is currently the treasurer of Spartan Assembly. Spartan Assembly is busy year round, Horsfield mentioned, “Spartan Assembly puts on the student hunger drive, Homecoming parade, plans assemblies, hosts Mr. PV, Powderpuff, and everything in between. When it comes to school events, Spartan Assembly is always involved.” Spartan assembly acquires new recruits every school year. Horsfield remembers her first time inquiring to be in Spartan Assembly saying, “I interviewed to be a member of Spartan Assembly because I wanted to get more involved as an underclassman. I was hesitant at first, but now I can’t imagine high school without it.”

Tracy Lux, teacher, is the advisor for the Spartan Assembly. Lux is currently in her sixth year as the advisor of Spartan Assembly. Through her years Lux has noticed, “Spartan Assembly has affected the school by improving overall success of involvement in the student hunger drive, created new and continued old fun events for the student body to attend and participate in, like Mr. PV, reverse powderpuff, and dodgeball tournaments. In some ways, we’ve brought the student body and staff together (united in a common goal), especially last year with The Hunger Games for the student hunger drive.” Spartan Assembly works throughout the year with continued dedication to their school and their community. Lux also stated, “If somebody is interested in joining SA, they could visit with Mrs. Lux or someone on SA. Then they could start attending meetings and finding things to do. Elections are in the spring semester for the following year.”

Spartan Assembly’s biggest goal is to unite the student body and involve the community while doing so. Many of the various events and fundraisers they host throughout the year help them to reach that goal. New ideas for fundraisers and events come every year, bringing new and exciting ways for the student body to get involved and promote their Spartan spirit.

$480
$1000