All you need to know about the iPhone 7

One of the most highly-anticipated events of the year just happened this past Tuesday: the Apple Keynote. On September 7, Apple announced their new products, which included the second series of the Apple Watch and the iPhone 7. Apple announced that they were going to release two versions of their new phone again: the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus. The iPhone 7 will be the same size as the previous iPhone with a 4.7-inch screen, while the iPhone 7 plus will have a screen size of 5.5 inches. Although the screen size of the phones stayed the same, their features are far different from anything we have ever had before.

One of the most talked-about features is the new camera on the phones. The iPhone 7 camera takes 12 megapixel photos and has a wider camera angle. It also has 4 LED lights for a brighter flash, up from 2 in the previous models. The iPhone 7 plus comes with an all-new two lens camera. Alongside the new wide-angle camera, the phone has a telephoto lens which allows the user to take higher-quality pictures while zoomed in, as well as take photos with varying depths of field that could previously only be taken using high-end cameras. The two cameras also provide the ability to zoom up to 10x on the phone, which is twice as much as the other iPhone models. The iPhone 7 plus will have 4 LEDs in the flash as well. Apple also upgraded the front-facing cameras in both models of the new phones with a 7 megapixel camera, up from 5 megapixels in the previous phones.

One other change that has sparked some controversy is the absence of a headphone jack. Apple decided to get rid of the standard 3.5 mm headphone jack and deliver audio to the headphones through the lightning port, otherwise known as the charging port. The phone comes with a pair of lightning earbuds, along with an adapter so that 3.5 mm headphones can still be used. They are also offering a new product called AirPods, which are Apple’s earpods, but without the wires. According to the Apple website, you will be able to buy these new earphones in late October at a pricy $159.

There have been some other features on the phone that have been slightly altered. The new iPhones are now water-resistant up to a depth of one meter, as well as dust-resistant. Apple changed the home button too; it can no longer be clicked. Instead, the home button is pressure-sensitive and can be programmed to do different things based on the varying degrees of pressure applied to it. Apple also added a speaker at the top of the phone in addition to the two at the bottom. This will create a stereo speaker effect for a louder sound from the phone. They also gave the phone a bigger battery, which Apple claims will give two more hours of battery life in the regular phone and one more hour in the plus-sized phone. They’re also offering the phones in a new jet black color and with more storage space, topping out at 256 gigabytes.

If you’re thinking about buying the new phones, you can now pre-order them on Apple’s website. The phones are expected to be released on September 16. The starting price for the iPhone 7 is at $649 for 32 GB, going up to $749 for the 128 GB version, and finishing at $849 for 256 GB. The iPhone 7 plus is starting at $769 for 32 GB, going up to $869 for 128 GB, and topping out at $969 for the 256 GB version.

$580
$1000