FBLA shapes students for the future

Future Business Leaders of America may be the club for you. “Every student in this school will be working for a business someday, whether it is a profit or a non-profit organization, therefore we want students to take our business courses along with being involved in the club to become prepared for business-related fields,” explains teacher mentor, Ms. Davenport. No matter who you are, you can relate to FBLA and this club will help students become more knowledgeable about what their future could entail.

There are currently 20 active members but they are welcoming any new members who are interested. But what exactly is FBLA and what do they do? The official FBLA-PBL mission statement is, “To bring business and education together in a positive working relationship through in a leadership and career development programs,” and that’s exactly what Ms. Davenport and Ms. Weinshenk aim to do. They are both are very knowledgeable in business concepts and computer applications. Senior president, Payton Krueger, thinks that their extensive knowledge, “helps us learn more about what business really means and what we can do to our business skills.”

FBLA has no set meetings every week but if students are interested in joining they can stop by room 172. There are a number of reasons for why students should join FBLA. “FBLA provides for the community an opportunity to learn more about potential jobs and skills that these jobs entail,” says Krueger. This club is designed to simply expand students knowledge on how to be successful in a business related career.