Another reminder

In today’s modern age, everyone looks at a ringing phone within seconds of hearing it go off. These notifications serve as constant reminders for just about everything going on in people’s lives.

America’s Earthquake Early Warning Leader has “created an app to warn people about earthquakes.” This is an app that is designed to be downloaded on Android or Apple devices.

According to Foxnews.com, “The app gives you 30 seconds.” This allows just enough time to take cover. Many may think that 30 seconds is not a long time, but it can be the deciding factor between life and death. When the alarm for the app goes off, the screen will light up with three directions: drop, take cover, and hold on. The app also allows one to see an estimate of how long an earthquake will last.

“Kansas has had some earthquakes in the past; this app isn’t just for the San Andreas,” said Foxnews.com. Mini earthquakes are happening all around us. Being able to have ample warning time can make a huge difference. Many Americans have smartphones, and downloading this app as a precaution could help save lives.
Students at Pleasant Valley are going on spring break in a few weeks. Popular spots to travel are Florida and California. When traveling, students of Pleasant Valley can take precautions by downloading this app. Even in the smallest of earthquakes, it is better to be safe than sorry.

$580
$1000