A Stormy Daniels is brewing

Amid the controversy in the White House with the recent firings and the Russian investigation, yet another scandal has emerged. During the election, it was well-known that president Donald Trump had a problem with women due to reports of harassment against him. Facing accusations of sexual misconduct coming from ‘Apprentice’ contestant, Summer Zervos, a new face has added her story to the mix.

Stephanie Clifford, more commonly known as Stormy Daniels, is an American pornographic actress, stripper, screenwriter and director. Daniels started stripping at the age of 17 and started starring in adult films at the age of 19. The stigma around Daniels’ career has made her affairs a subject of debate. When an article from Wall Street Journal on January 12 2018 reported that Daniels was given $130,000 in hush money from President Trump’s lawyer, Michael Cohen, her name exploded in the press.

The controversy around the relationship between Daniels and Trump has been growing ever since, but it finally reached its peak when Daniels filed a lawsuit against Trump on a complaint for declaratory relief. She states that after her affair with Trump she was asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement over the events, and in return was paid a sum of $130,000 to keep quiet. However, Daniels now wants to speak out about their affair and claims that the agreement she signed was not valid. This is because Trump used an alias – David Dennison – to sign the nondisclosure agreement.

Since then, the case has continued to escalate and came to a head on Friday, March 16 when Daniel’s lawyer, Michael Avenatti, told CNN, “Daniels had been threatened with physical harm if she did not stay silent about the alleged affairs with Trump.” This escalation in events caused Cohen – with Trump’s approval – to move this suit from state to federal court.

Along with all of this, Daniels and Avenatti allegedly have explicit photos of Trump that they threaten to use as evidence. Senior Avery Luepker, “I think it stirs up big ctrontorversey no matter who the celebrity is; but when you’re the president it really doesn’t reflect well on the country.”

As the case continues the public will undoubtedly receive more information. Photos or not, people have flocked to support Daniels in a resounding cry that the country deserves to hear her voice.

$580
$1000