Let’s find the truth: Kavanaugh assaults

It doesn’t matter that it happened two decades ago. It sets a precedent that young men can assault and rape women yet still be successful, and now represent the highest justice of our country. This is not justice; this is abhorrent. On the brink of a new era where women will be respected, America cannot afford to add a Supreme Justice hooded by towering evidence of sexual assault put forth by three of our women.

It doesn’t matter that Dr. Ford’s testimony was only publicly released weeks ago. Now a doctor of psychology teaching at University of Palo Alto, Christine Ford was 15 when a drunken Kavanaugh pinned her to a bed, tried to take off her clothes, and covered her screams with his hand. Many have criticized her for coming forward in September, yet it was last July when Ford started talking to Congresswoman Anna Eshoo and Senator Feinstein.

Countless sexual assault victims do not come forward because of the inevitable repercussions on personal lives. Contrary to a last minute jab, Ford’s testimony was cautiously moved forward. Ford quoted, “I was calculating daily that the risk benefit for me of coming forward and wondering whether I would just be jumping in front of a train that was headed to where it was headed anyway.”

I was calculating daily that the risk benefit for me of coming forward and wondering whether I would just be jumping in front of a train that was headed to where it was headed anyway.

— Dr. Ford

It wasn’t a one time, drunken mistake. Two other women have come forward with their own testimonies. During the 1983-84 school year at Yale, Kavanaugh put his penis into Deborah Ramirez’s face during a drinking game in a dorm. Over 3,000 Yale women have signed a letter in support of Ramirez’s testimony. Days later, Julie Swetnick came forward with testimony of sexual misconduct at parties at Georgetown Preparatory in the 1980s.

It does not matter if this article leaves you still unconvinced. I implore you to read and watch the source material of this case; it is essential your stances are not rooted in biased articles. Click the names to read Ford’s, Ramirez’s, and Swetnick’s first statements. Here are statements from Ford’s family and friends confirming that she confided in them about the sexual assault years ago.

Read Kavanaugh’s yearbook entry, ask urban dictionary about ‘devil’s triangle’ and ‘ralphing’, google ‘100 keg or bust’ and how ‘Alumnus’ pertains to sexual conquests. Decide for yourself if his yearbook lines up with his account of his teenage years (watch at 13:10 min in) described in a Fox interview. Watch hearing highlights on YouTube and decide if Kavanaugh’s temperament is one that belongs on our highest court.

Here we are over a year since the #MeToo movement began. Women all over the country are empowered and have a safer platform than ever to report sexual assault. No matter the confirmation vote next week, don’t let these be empty words in your life. Sexual assault is impermissibly deplorable, from the Supreme Court to our own school and community.  

$480
$1000