Businesses booming in the Quad Cities

Businesses booming in the Quad Cities

Haley Moore, Video Editor

This coming year will be a big one due to businesses popping up all across the Quad Cities, bringing many changes. Some are chains while others are local businesses specific to to the Quad Cities. A very popular trend this year has been boutiques. Whether it be on wheels or on the ground, boutiques are carrying the latest fashion trends that everyone is dying to get.

The newest boutiques of the QC are Peaceful Style Boutique and Brick and Motor Boutique. Peaceful Style Boutique is a local clothing shop located on Devils Glen Road next to Coffee Hound. Brick and Motor is also a new boutique, but is unique for the reason that it’s on wheels. The store is a trailer that one can find at locations such as the Freight House Farmers’ Market, St. Ambrose University and Rock Island High School.

Boutiques aren’t the only businesses opening in the community. Chain stores such as Homegoods and Costco are also arriving in Davenport. Homegoods is a home fashion store that sells everything from kitchen utensils to rugs to bedroom decor. This department store is expected to open October 28 at 8am. Costco, another major department store will be located past the intersection of 53rd Street and Elmore Avenue.

Popping up just across from Costco in 2019 is fan-favorite restaurant, Portillo’s. This restaurant is well-known for its Chicago-style hot dogs, salads and chocolate cake. Another restaurant arriving, a little closer to PV, is the first restaurant to specialize in Gourmet Mac n Cheese. Cheesy Cow Mac & Cheesery will be located right next to the new TBK Sports Complex along with a second Coffee Hound location and is expected to open in the near future.

Hurts Donuts Co. will be joining the Quad Cities community as well on a date that is still to be determined. Mayor of Bettendorf, Bob Gallagher, said, “I expect the TBK Sports Complex to bring many new businesses to the area.” Gallagher mentioned there are two new hotels going up in this area as well as a sporting goods type store. Downtown Bettendorf is expected to be more popular in the near future as well. Gallagher claims, “the downtown area will soon be home to new shops and restaurants creating a place for entertainment and living that we have worked hard to create for the past seven years.”

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Businesses booming in the Quad Cities”

1. Jessica Brown on October 10th, 2018 5:27 pm

Along with many new businesses opening in the QC area, I’ve also noticed an increase in people moving to the quad cities. The bettplex opened this year near my neighborhood and they’re still building more restaurants and coffee shops in front of it. The city is really starting to spread out to LeClaire.

2. Jake on October 11th, 2018 9:22 pm

It’s awesome to see how much the place I’ve grown up in has grown over the years!

• Businesses booming in the Quad Cities

Beyond PV

Death of George H. W. Bush unites Americans

• Businesses booming in the Quad Cities

Beyond PV

Caravan tears: seeking asylum in the U.S.

• Businesses booming in the Quad Cities

Beyond PV

The winter storms have just begun

• Businesses booming in the Quad Cities

Beyond PV

Trump takes a bite of the Apple

• Businesses booming in the Quad Cities

Beyond PV

#MeToo: the movement’s influence on school curriculum

• Businesses booming in the Quad Cities

Beyond PV

More puppy mills have been found

• Businesses booming in the Quad Cities

Beyond PV

Political diversity

• Businesses booming in the Quad Cities

Beyond PV

Is it race hate or just murder?

• Businesses booming in the Quad Cities

Beyond PV

What did midterms mean for Iowa?

• Businesses booming in the Quad Cities

Beyond PV

Fueling the opioid addiction

Businesses booming in the Quad Cities