Preparing for the 2018 Powderpuff

Powderpuff is fun way to involve girls at Pleasant Valley High School in a competitive football game while incorporating the Student Hunger Drive. This year, Powderpuff is being held on Oct. 20 and there are multiple teams participating.

In order to compete in this competition, students have to come up with a team and a team name. Caitlin Crome, a junior at Pleasant Valley High School stated, “Last year the Platinum dance team all did it together. We had a lot of fun practicing in Powderpuff and it even incorporated good team bonding”. Crome additionally stated, “It is also fun to see all the different teams. The first game we played was against the seniors so it was a lot of fun trying to beat them although we were very unsuccessful”. The victory ended up going to the seniors last year which was a great way to end their last time competing in Powderpuff at Pleasant Valley High School.

Another fun thing about the annual Powderpuff is each team has to have a coach. The coach encourages them during the game on what play they should do next and how to win the game. Usually, the coaches are football players on the Pleasant Valley High School football team because they know good strategies and good plays to do during the game.

Anna Worden, a former Pleasant Valley High School student, stated “our coach for my team was Caleb Carius who was on the varsity football team at the time. It was really funny because we didn’t know anything about football so he would get frustrated with us when he would tell us a certain play and we had no idea what it meant”. The fun part about Powderpuff is that most girls aren’t very familiar on how to play a correct game of football so it’s a really fun environment and brings out teamwork in each team.

Not only does Powderpuff incorporate team bonding and a good game of football, it also incorporates the Student Hunger Drive. In order to register your team can pay 5 dollars (which will go to the student hunger drive) or bring in 10 cans. Last year, many teams brought in more than 10 cans just for a good cause and to increase numbers within our student hunger drive.

Spartan assembly does a great job at planning activities that incorporate bringing in cans or money for those in need. Crome also stated, “ I know when it’s the time of year for Powderpuff because I always remember it’s during the Student Hunger Drive. Many students bring in cans in order to sign up for it.”

Sign up sheets are due by October 16th, forms are right outside of room 288. Bring in 5 dollars or 10 cans in order to play on October 20!