What is happening in Bettendorf?

Pictured+is+the+buildings+being+built+on+the+corner+of+Forest+Grove+and+Middle+Rd.+in+front+of+the+TBK+Sports+Complex.+

What is happening in Bettendorf?

Pictured is the buildings being built on the corner of Forest Grove and Middle Rd. in front of the TBK Sports Complex.

Bri Brauner

Bri Brauner

Bri Brauner

Bri Brauner, Social Media Manager

Although many people’s initial thoughts of spring are centered around warmer weather and greener surroundings, spring also means the start of construction. Bettendorf is constantly growing, and there are many great things being added to the town.

From the most recent and notable addition to Bettendorf, the TBK Sports Complex. The TBK Sports Complex, as well as the surrounding area, has become a popular place for businesses. Hurts Donuts, Coffee Hound, The Cheesy Cow, and Subway are all apart of the additions in the newly popular area.

Bob Gallagher, the mayor of Bettendorf, said there are many new things coming to Bettendorf this year. “The construction at TBK Sports Complex continues at a fevered pace. There will be a new hotel, a Enterprise Car rental, and more restaurants on the corner of Middle Road and Forest Grove,” said Gallagher.

Senior Megan Dague, who lives in the neighborhood across from the TBK Sports Complex, has mixed feelings about the new traffic surrounding her neighborhood. “I’m looking forward to all the new restaurants; it is nice that there are restaurants so close, but all the traffic [at those restaurants] is not so nice,” said Dague.

In front of the Middle Road Hy-Vee, there will be a new Hy-Vee gas station in place of the old Govenor’s. On the AAA Court, located off of Middle Road, there is a new building of market rate condos being built.

The Strategic Behavioral Health project is moving along at the end of Tanglefoot Lane.  This new treatment facility will provide therapy to those suffering from mental illness and addictions.

“The downtown [area] is the council’s number one priority,” said Gallagher. In the downtown area, in addition to the Ascentra Credit Union Corporate Headquarters and The Bridges Apartments, there will be another city block being constructed this season right across from The Bridges. It will be a multistory, multi-use use building that will house restaurants and commercial businesses.

The start of spring also means the start of many new things, one of which will always be construction. The new additions to Bettendorf will continue to grow with the population and its citizens.

Bri Brauner, Social Media Manager

My name is Bri Brauner and I am the social media manager for the Spartan Shield Online. I am a Senior and the past four years I have been apart of the...

2 Comments

2 Responses to “What is happening in Bettendorf?”

1. Noah Decker on April 22nd, 2019 8:54 am

I personally can’t wait for those new restaurants to open up. They look so good. Mmm tasty… so delicious!!

2. Zachary Morel on April 22nd, 2019 10:54 am

Bri,

I really liked your article. I really liked how you got quotes from the mayor of bettendorf. That is a great source. I personally can’t wait for all the new shops to open up! Cheesy Cow is definitely my favorite. So Cheesy! The construction isn’t fun, but it’ll sure be cool once it is finished.

Zachary Morel

• What is happening in Bettendorf?

Beyond PV

How Alabama’s abortion laws affect Iowa

• What is happening in Bettendorf?

Beyond PV

In response to anti-vaxxer movement, many bans form against those without vaccinations

• What is happening in Bettendorf?

Beyond PV

Quick rundown: Who’s running in 2020?

• What is happening in Bettendorf?

Beyond PV

Swiss billionaire pledges $1 billion to help save Earth from global warming

• What is happening in Bettendorf?

Beyond PV

Why should I care about the southern border closing?

• What is happening in Bettendorf?

Beyond PV

From Paris to Bettendorf: the impact of the fire

• What is happening in Bettendorf?

Beyond PV

Questions arise about the destination of Coachella profits

• What is happening in Bettendorf?

Beyond PV

Status: grounded

• What is happening in Bettendorf?

Beyond PV

Presidential candidates propose abolishing the electoral college

• What is happening in Bettendorf?

Beyond PV

Just another internet hoax: How the Momo Challenge scared a nation

What is happening in Bettendorf?