Spartans fall to the Lions

The Pleasant Valley volleyball team wrapped up their season on Oct. 31 after losing to Linn-Mar in the regional final.

During their first regional match against Davenport Central, on Oct. 25, the Spartans came out strong, winning the first set 25 to 12. They proceeded to win the next two sets with wide margins and took the match 3-0.

Coming off their big win from the previous week, the Spartans went into the next round feeling confident. However, they faced some tough competition against the Linn-Mar Lions during the regional final. The Lions took the match 3-0 but not without a fight from the Spartans. The girls’ determination carried through the entire match, but unfortunately, it was not enough against the fiery Lions.

Although the season ended with a loss, the Spartans refused to let that define their whole season. Ellie Paxton, junior, said, “This season was full of immense growth, we started out strong and just kept getting stronger and it made for such a fun season!” Paxton also noted, “It’s so cool to be able to say we defended our home court all season, not too many teams can say that.”

With the season ending all that is left to look forward to is next season. Paxton states, “Next season I hope we come out even stronger and consistent. But even more I look forward to getting to be back on the court with my best friends.”