Top 10 favorite Thanksgiving foods among students

Ava Sorgenfrey
Student reaches into the cupboard to to get an important ingredient for fan favorite number 5.

As Thanksgiving is right around the corner, Spartan Shield set out to find student’s favorite Turkey-Day foods. Many people enjoy the same foods that bring comfort to them around this holiday that is full of warmth. Here are some of the student body’s favorite foods.

1. Mashed Potatoes

Mashed potatoes were a fan favorite from the Spartans, specifically grandmas mashed potatoes.

2. Sweet Potatoes

The sweeter, orange cousin to our number one, also gained much attention from students. Some students like to pair their sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top.

3. Stuffing

Usually made of bread, broth, and vegetables, stuffing goes inside the large bird and comes out a flavorful dish. 

4. Green Bean Casserole

This side dish consists of green beans and cream of mushroom soup with additional crunchy pieces on top to satisfy the eater’s taste buds.

5. Pumpkin Pie

This pie made of well, pumpkins is a staple in most homes for Thanksgiving. 

6. Biscuits

An assortment of bread and rolls are usually placed at the table for many student’s thanksgivings

7. Cranberry sauce

This cranberry flavored jelly log is also a traditional item that some spartans enjoy. 

8. Any other pie

While pumpkin was a fan favorite, many other pies were listed such as apple, cherry and pecan.

9. Cream of corn

Made different way by different families, cream of corn is a vegetable (more so a starch) dish served at Thanksgiving.

10. Turkey

While the holiday may be nicknamed “turkey day”, most students did not have turkey at the tops of their lists.